The Acadia Inn, located in beautiful Bar Harbor, Maine, is looking for a hardworking individual to join the team as a Maintenance Technician.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for safely and efficiently maintaining, improving, and repairing the hotels systems, guest rooms and grounds so that our guest will have a safe and pleasant experience. This is a full-time seasonal position with eligibility to be year-round. The schedule is flexible of a 5 day work week, with hours from 7-3, 8-4, or 9-5. Wage is starting at $15 an hour.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safely and efficiently maintain, improve and repair the hotels systems, guest rooms and grounds.
- Repair plumbing, PTAC units, room furniture, bathroom fixtures and tile, painting, wall vinyl, electric locks, television, carpentry, etc.
- Complete routine equipment checks and perform preventative maintenance on hotels' machinery (boilers, laundry equipment, vacuums, etc.) as scheduled.
- Respond to guest maintenance requests in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Locate and correct in-room heating, ventilation and air conditioning malfunctions.
- Display a positive 'can do' attitude while maintaining a high level of professionalism consistent with the company values.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Ability to work well with others (i.e. interacts appropriately with guests and staff.) Detail oriented with ability to multitask and work in high paced environment. Ability to follow instructions and complete tasks safely and efficiently, communicate effectively, ability to learn and adapt to change.
This is a very physical demanding job that requires extended periods of walking, standing, bending, lifting, twisting, and kneeling and climbing ladders. Lifting of up to 65 lbs. Extended workdays may be required to accomplish tasks and meet workload demands during peak periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.